Monday, January 20, 2014

Leo by Mia Sheridan ~Katie'sReview~

Wednesday, 20 March 2013

Leo by Mia Sheridan ~Katie'sReview~

Evie and Leo met in foster care as children and formed a bond of friendship. As they grew, their bond turned to love and they vowed to make a life together when they turned 18 and were no longer a part of the system.

When Leo unexpectedly gets adopted as a teen and he moves to another city, he promises Evie that he will contact her as soon as he gets there and come back for her in a few short years. She never hears from him again.

Now eight years later, in spite of the odds, Evie has made a life for herself. She has a job, she has friends, she's content. Then a man shows up out of the blue, claiming that her long lost love, Leo, sent him to check up on her. The attraction between them is undeniable. But, should she trust this sexy stranger? Or is he keeping a secret about what his connection to Leo is really all about and why Leo disappeared all those years ago?

I want to start by saying that I never heard of this author before I came across this book. Boy! Can I tell you how happy I am that I did. This is a heartbreakingly beautiful story.

One of the many things I loved about this book was that it did not take place in a perfect setting with perfect people. It is a true life story and I appreciate that because really, how many of us come across billionaires in our every day life?

The story begins in a foster home with very broken children. The two main characters are Evie and Leo. She was 10 and Leo was 11. There time together in the foster home is where they formed their inseparable bond to each other. Leo was Evie's best friend and protector. They thought they would always be together until Leo was adopted and forced to move across country. The night before he was leaving he made a promise to Evie. " I'm going to kiss you now, Evie, and when I do,it's going to mean that your mine. I don't care how far away from each other we are. You. Are. Mine. I'll wait for you. And I want you to wait for me. Promise me you won't let anyone else touch you. Promise me you will save yourself for me."

Wow, that is very deep and emotional coming from a 15 year old boy. When you think about it the expierences they have been through they are much older in their heart and soul. Leo promised Evie when her got to California he would write her a letter with his address and phone number so they could keep in touch till she turned 18 and he would come get her.

Years later with no word from Leo,no letter, no phone call Evie is just trying to live her life missing her lost boy. When Jake Madsen comes into the picture Evie is thrown for a loop because Jake knows Leo and knows what happened to Leo. The problem is the chemistry that Evie now feels for Jake will that be enough to withstand the truth that Jake is keeping from Evie?

I believe in totally spoiler free reviews so you will have to read this amazing story to see for yourself. Sorry folks. It will be so worth it when you read it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BT0JB0A/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1363819489&sr=8-1&pi=SL75

No comments:

Post a Comment