Monday, January 20, 2014

Falling Into You! Katie's Review

Monday, 18 March 2013

Falling Into You! Katie's Review

I wasn't always in love with Colton Calloway; I was in love with his younger brother, Kyle, first. Kyle was my first one true love, my first in every way.
Then, one stormy August night, he died, and the person I was died with him.

Colton didn't teach me how to live. He didn't heal the pain. He didn't make it okay. He taught me how to hurt, how to not be okay, and, eventually, how to let go.

***

Nell Hawthorne is in love with her life-long best friend, Kyle Calloway. Their young love is invincible and life is full of promise; then one night Kyle dies suddenly in a tragic accident and Nell is forever changed. She meets Kyle's older brother Colton for the first time at the funeral. They both struggle to move on with life as best they can. Years later, they meet again in New York City, and Colton realizes that Nell has never really gotten over Kyle's death. She seems to be harboring a deeply rooted pain, a heavy weight of guilt and regret. He knows he shouldn't get involved, but he can't help himself. Trust doesn't come easily for either of them, and they both have demons. Together, they learn the purpose of pain and the meaning of healing, and the importance of forgiveness.

***
Excerpt from Falling Into You:

It was just a single sob at first, a quick, hysterical inhalation. Then a second. And then I couldn't stop it. Tears, a flood of them. I felt the sand grow cold and muddy under my face, felt my body shuddering uncontrollably. He didn't tell me it was okay. He didn't try to pull me against him or onto his lap. He kept his hand on my shoulder and sat silent next to me.
I knew I wouldn't be able to stop. I'd let go, and now the river would flow un-dammed.
No. No. I shook my head, clenched my teeth, lifted up and let myself fall down hard, sending a spear of pain spiderwebbing out from my arm. The pain was a drug, and I accepted it greedily. It was a dam, stemming the tide of tears....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was completely rendered speechless when I finished this book. It is a gut wrenching, pull your heart out and jump up and down on it. I went through so many emotions while reading this book. I laughed, I cried I was happy and sad. Abso-freaking-lutely AMAZING book. Make sure to purchase this book you will not regret it one bit.

The story starts out with Nell and Kyle. They are best friends since birth which was only two days apart from each other in the same hospital. They did everything together so it was more then likely they would end up together. It was an awkward way of them deciding to go out with each other. It was kind of funny actually. Nell considered Kyle her best friend so when Jason asked her out she was totally excited but no so much Kyle and they had their first argument because Kyle wanted them to be someone more. That is when the story started.

Nell and Kyle dated for a couple years and everything was going wonderful until it all came crashing down on one stormy night. The heart ache that will feel in chapter 4 is not explainable. It hurts you cry. You feel the hurt personally like it is actually happening to you. I can't say too much because I don't want to give out any spoilers.

Next come Colt, Kyle's brother. Colt is not the golden boy that he says Kyle is. Colt is more of you bad boy type. While at the funeral Nell is comforted by Colt. Nell got close to Colt after the funeral and feelings were exchanged. Nell being Nell would let herself feel things. So that night she ran away from Colt the only person that could understand her. Colt seems to be the only one that can help Nell because he says nothing he does not tell her things will be ok, because things won't always be ok. You have to live with grief when someone passes. the worst part is Nell is holding on to a guilt that is not her fault.The worst part is Nell is abusing herself to deal with the guilt and grief.

After two years of not seeing each other Colt and Nell reunite on a bench in New York. Colt feels very protective of Nell. He knows she is still hurting and she is not well so he also seems to find his way around her.

One night Colt is out walking because that is all he can do when he can't sleep and stop thinking. He somehow ends up at Nell's apartment. He hears loud voice and he goes to see what happens and has to save Nell from a very pushy boyfriend.

When all is said and done Nell and Colt end up together but for them to help each other and move on and not live in the past they have to reveal their secrets to each other. The question is can two people holding guilt and grief for so long be able to move on in their future? Will the fact that they are so much alike be able to help each other? Can they ever move past grief and heartache to share a life together?

I guess you are going to have to head on over to one of the following links and purchase this book to find out the outcome. Sorry to leave you hanging but you really need to read this whole book because I will never be able to do it justice. Please add this to you TBR you will not be disappointed.

***************************************************************************************************************
BIO:

Jasinda Wilder is a Michigan native with a penchant for titillating tales about sexy men and strong women.

When she’s not writing, she’s probably shopping, baking, or reading.

Some of her favorite authors include Nora Roberts, JR Ward, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Liliana Hart and Bella Andre.

She loves to travel and some of her favorite vacations spots are Las Vegas, New York City and Toledo, Ohio.

You can often find Jasinda drinking sweet red wine with frozen berries and eating a cupcake.


Links to connect with Jasinda:

website: http://www.jasindawilder.com/

facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorJasindaWilder?fref=ts

twitter: @JasindaWilder (https://twitter.com/JasindaWilder)

Amazon Author page: http://www.amazon.com/Jasinda-Wilder/e/B0095HTK0A/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1363550721&sr=8-2-ent

Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6521173.Jasinda_Wilder

Goodreads link for Falling Into You: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17448960-falling-into-you


Buy Links ~

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Falling-Into-You-ebook/dp/B00BUPMC8C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363550631&sr=8-1&keywords=falling+into+you+jasinda+wilder

B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/falling-into-you-jasinda-wilder/1114840929?ean=2940016356938

Kobo: http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Falling-Into-You/book-hSlZW8ySH0KobC0xr5Agrg/page1.html?s=_7CBFlShhUiXXSEm0jHr3A&r=1








No comments:

Post a Comment